Wednesday, November 7, 2012

3rd graders on Election Day

I gave my students a writing project yesterday. Here is the question and some of their answers. I loved hearing what they had to say. Some of my students understand what is going on in the world, and others have NO idea.


If I were President of the United States, I would….


Use taxes to donate money to fight for the poor.
Make it so you can choose to go to school if you want.
Make sure that school is only 4 hours a day.
Do paper work, visit schools, and take care of people.
Make video game classes at school.
Buy a private jet and do nice things for kids.
Put 5 cameras in every store.
Make more schools.
Give poor people money.
Make sure that every body had enough food to survive.


Lower bills.
Make expensive things cost only $1.
Say no wars, everyone should be free.
Make sure that everyone who wants a job gets a job.
Change the laws and make all electronics $5.
Make more jobs and help the poor.
Make the prices for basic things like food & water cheap.
Make school on Sunday, so that the grownups can go to church and listen. 

No comments: