I can't believe it has already been one month since Olivia was born. I would add a darling picture of her smiling... but blogger thinks I need to start paying to add pictures. (I'll come back and add one when I figure out what I am going to do.) Here are a few things I want to remember about our first month together.
- Somehow she knows when it is Friday night, and she likes to party all night long.
- We have been sleeping in until 9 most mornings.
- Her longest stretch of sleep at night has been 4 hours. (Such a happy mom when that happens.)
- She has had a mild case of baby acne.
- Hates tummy time, but has mastered the push up.
- She enjoys bicycle legs.
- My class was so happy to meet her, and they all wanted to come home with us.
- Everyone mentions how she has the best lips.
- She is a champion nurser. She has 2 blisters on her lips from sucking so hard, and the skin has peeled off 3 times so far.
- At night she loves to be swaddled , and once she breaks free she is awake.
- Does great in the bath. She just lays there enjoying the warm water.
- We have gone through two boxes of diapers. 1 box of newborn, and a box of 1's.
- Her binky is still a little bit of a challenge for her and she makes a clicking noise when she sucks on it.
- She loves walking around the mall with me in her stroller.
- Makes the cutest little grunts while she sleeps.
- Instantly starts crying when she is strapped in the car seat, but falls asleep once we start driving.
- At her 2 week appointment she was 8 pounds 4 ounces and 21.25 inches.
- We introduced her to the bottle so she'll be able to eat while I am at work. No problem there.
- She has grown out of most of her newborn clothes.
- Has had 2 small blow outs, and peed on the bed twice.
- Likes the nature sounds on her swing.
- At times you think that she is almost asleep and then the next second she is WIDE awake.
- Started giving us a few real smiles this week.
- When she first falls asleep she starts to breathe really hard.
And here are just a few of my thoughts:
It's funny how I am so tired in the middle of the night, but when I go to pick her up, I forget all about it. She is just so cute.
The boppy pillow doesn't work for my short waist, so I don't use it to hold her while nursing. Sometimes she lounges in it, or I use it behind my back while nursing.
Netflix is my best friend. I have watched quite a few shows, it's embarrassing how many... I went to the library this week to get some books because I was so sick of TV.
I have no idea how I am going to go back to school. I know that it will workout somehow, but right now I am not ready. (I keep telling myself I am excited to go back, and it's only for a few hours each morning. I CAN DO IT!)
It's hard for me to let her sleep sometimes, I just want to wake her up and play with her. But then again, sometimes when she is awake, I can't wait for her to go to sleep. I'm working on sleeping when baby is sleeping.
We have been spoiled with meals from friends and family, and haven't eaten any of our freezer meals yet.
But that is soon to change. I have been pumping and freezing my milk for when I go back to work, and that is taking over our freezer.
I cried the first 2 times she threw up after eating. Bob had to remind me that she was fine. She was of course oblivious that anything had happened.
After I feed her between 5-7AM, if she is fussy Bob will get up and rock her back to sleep before he gets ready for work.
Even after 1 month, sometimes I still don't believe it's real. I look at her and think, "She is really mine?" We are so blessed to have little Olivia in our family and love her so much. We can't wait to see what is in store for month 2!