Saturday, August 27, 2011

No new posts

My intention was to catch up on blogging today. I have tons of stuff from my family reunion at Lake Tahoe, lots of golfing trips with Bob and Brad, and our trip to Hawaii. But today my school MAC decided to hit the dust. The battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore but would work when the charger was plugged in. But today it wont even start up. SO sad. I hope I can get all of my pictures and files off of my computer. I have most of it backed up, but not any of our recent pictures or school files. Bummer!

Here's a laugh from my first day of school to tide you over.

We play 2 truths and a lie on the first day to get to know each other. I always have to read the 3 sentences because the kids always laugh when they read the lie. This cute boy comes to the front, and you need to know that he is black. I read over what he has written (so I can decide which order to read them in) and start to chuckle to myself.

1. I have 5 people in my family
2. I am 8 years old
3. I am Japanese

When I read the 3rd line, the whole class laughed and knew that that was his lie. He was so disapointed that he didn't trick anyone! Gotta love 3rd graders.

7 comments:

Jolene said...

That is so funny! I'm anxious to see your pictures from all your vacations.

Mark and JanaRae said...

So funny. I love that game. One time they read mine and I realized that I had accidently put down all truths-- woops!

Mrs. Dean said...

I love that! Haha :)

Mrs. Dean said...

I mean, I love the story. But I'm so sorry about your computer :( I hope you can get it fixed soon!

Emily Jones said...

This is hilarious! I had to read it to Christian because he was wondering why I was laughing. Definitely gotta love 3rd graders. I miss that.

Karie said...

Hahahaha!! I love it!

Danielle said...

Oh my this is so funny! I seriously called and told Chris about it. ha ha!