Friday, October 14, 2011

A little bit of this & that

Wow, it has been forever since I have posted but life is just crazy and that's my only excuse. Here are just a few things that have happened in the past month.

Conference weekend was a great weekend. My parents were in Italy so Andrea, Ayrika, and I went to the Trolley for dinner. It was fun to have a girls night, but we also had another person join us. Ayrika is taking a class at school that you have to take a fake baby home for the weekend. She had to feed, change, and burp the baby all of the time. When we went into dinner her baby started crying and Ayrika got so embarrassed and went back to the car to get the baby to calm down. Andrea and I were laughing so hard, poor Ayrika.

After we went to JoAnns's along with everyone else in Spanish Fork that night. We bought some material and spent the rest of the night making headbands. I had to stop after only 3 because the glue gun burnt my fingers a little too much. We tried them on Ayrika's fake baby....



The next week was parent teacher conferences. I was at school for 12 hours, 3 days in a row. I was dead by the end of the week, I am so glad we don't have to do that again until February. More about my class later...
Bob's parents came into town for the weekend. We went to the BYU Spectacular and watched Brad sing with the Men's chorus. The next morning we went to the Mount Timpanogos Temple with Brad, in preparation for his mission to Bulgaria. We stuffed our faces at Tucanos afterwards. And that night we went to the BYU football game. It was a late and chilly game, but I am glad we were able to go especially when we were there to see them win. It was a quick and busy weekend, but we loved every second with Bob's family. (While just trying to download my pictures, I realized that Shannon and I had swapped cameras at the game. They are both so similar. Ooops!)

We found out that our 3rd month of clomid didn't work. This month we did an IUI with the clomid. (IUI is where they take the sperm, clean it so you only have the best, and then inject it around the time of ovulation.) I was so disappointed when it didn't work out. I am trying to be more optimistic this month, and also more patient. This month my Dr. put me on a different drug that will hopefully help with better egg quality. (The past 2 months I got a lot of eggs with clomid, but they weren't the best quality.) So here's to hoping for the future!

2 comments:

perdue family said...

I love you alyse! :)So happy to see an update!

Brianne said...

Fingers crossed that it works this month! Sounds like your doctor is aggressively working with you to make something happen so that is good to hear! I need to find a doctor like that!