Saturday, July 14, 2012

Working hard for the family

Bob has been working hard around the clock. Not only is he working in Murray for his pharmacy internship, he is doing loads of assignments when he gets home, working on his calling, and lately helping me cross things off the baby list. (He also helps me with the housework.... man I am lucky!)

Yesterday I went shopping with my Mom and sister Ayrika. Ayrika is getting ready to go off to college and needed a few (or a million) things for her apartment. My Mom's mom, Grandma Andrus wanted to get me a dresser/changing table for our baby. So while we were out shopping we found one that we liked and picked it up. So happy Ayrika and Mom were there, since I can't lift anything and the package was over 100 pounds.

When Bob got home from work, I was happy when he agreed to put it together right then. My goal is to have the nursery completely ready before I go back to school in August. Which basically means the end of this month. We have a lot of work days and team meetings before school starts on the 21st. A lot of people have been asking what I was planning to do, and I am going back to work. I love my job and among other things insurance for teachers runs September to September so we would be without insurance if I didn't go back. I am sure I will also be grateful for the distraction these next couple of months before the baby comes!




The nursery is slowly coming along. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I will be able to post the finished product. (Minus the baby, of course!)

3 comments:

Michele said...

where did you find that dresser? i like it! i am wanting to do white furniture too. we have an old dresser but i'm still debating if i want to paint it white or just get a new one.

blindblogger said...

Cute dresser! Way to go Bob. And nice work getting it all set before school starts. Can't wait to see the baby.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Cute dresser! I love your rug too. :)

FYI...There is a beginner's quilt along going on right now. They are 6 blocks in, but the blocks are all fast with excellent instructions.
You make 1 new block every week.
Instructions are here:
http://quiltinggallery.com/learning-center/beginners-quilt-along/
Gallery is here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/beginners-quilt-along/