Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween 2014

We started out Halloween morning with our traditional pumpkin pancakes. This year I added chocolate chip faces. We also enjoyed peach yogurt and apples. I got Olivia ready for the day and then my Mom picked her up. My mom has been taking Olivia this week during the day so I can catch up on sleep and adjust to having a newborn. Today they frosted sugar cookies, played outside, and had lunch.


While they were playing I ran to WalMart to grab a bag for Olivia. Total Mom fail, and when I got there, it was slim pickings in the Halloween section. Since there were no bags, I decided I'd just get a gift bag and when I wondered over I saw the Minnie Mouse bag. Olivia came back at 1:30 and napped until 4:00. When she woke up she was so excited to see the Minnie Mouse bag, I felt like I redeemed myself. We got ready and Olivia was a little sad that Mom was a cat and she wasn't. To make her feel better I put some "Minnie Mouse Makeup" on her.



We stopped at Dad's work on our way to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Dad had to work until 7, but we were excited to Trick or Treat at the Pharmacy. Allison, one of the tech's that works with Dad took a few pictures for us.


Grandma Sue and Grandpa Blaine were using their new cotton candy machine when we got there. My mom volunteered to stay and watch Ruby and Grandpa decided to come with us and we trick or treated a few houses in their neighborhood. My old YW leader and her husband give out a dozen krispy kreme donuts to each trick or treater. We went down that culdasac and there was the longest line. We decided to skip the donuts. We didn't have to go to too many houses because everyone loved Olivia and gave her 2 or 3 pieces of candy.



Brent, Andrea, and Jensen had made their way to our parents house and Olivia and I went out with them. We went to a few more houses. We saw there wasn't a line at the donut house so we went and were able to visit with Carrie for a few minutes and both Olivia and Jensen came away with a box of donuts.


Back at my parents house we had pizza and cotton candy. Olivia's favorites were the blue and pink. My parents stood on the front porch whipping up the cotton candy and talking with the trick or treaters. Bob came over when he got off of work. We had a great Halloween!

No comments: