Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ruby {1 Month}


I think that might've been the fastest month of my life. It feels like I was just in the hospital last week. I know everyone says it, but I really can't remember not having Ruby in our lives.

For the last week or so she has had a tiny bit of baby acne. Definitely less than Olivia, but it is there and noticeable.

Most of the month she was on a 1 AM - 1 PM schedule. She wouldn't go to sleep until 1, and most nights Bob would stay up and rock her while watching TV. When sleeping she favors turning her head to the left. So when she naps, I try to always lay her down on the right side.

This last week she has been going to bed earlier and sleeping for longer periods. She slept for 6 hours straight earlier this week. Last night in celebration of turning one month she went to bed at 8, and slept until midnight. I fed her and then she slept until 4, ate again and woke up at 8. It was the best night ever. I'm not crossing my fingers but it would be great if it happened again.

She is loved by all, but her Great Grandma Hales is up at the top of the list. When we go down to visit in the afternoons Grandma can't help but love on her. It is so sweet.


In her first 2 weeks of life she pooped on the bed and the couch. And peed basically everywhere. As soon as her diaper was off, she decided to go. She also has a problem with being regular. She will go a couple days without pooping, and then we have a couple days of lots of poop. {And then we repeat.}

I feel like she is super noisy and makes a lot of grunting noises when she goes to bed. I don't remember Olivia doing that, but when I read about her at 1 month it said she grunted at night.

She spits up probably 75% of the time after being fed. And she also burps after feedings.

Her newborn clothes are getting a little snug, but most 0-3 month clothes are still huge. I bought two zipper sleepers from gap that had built in mittens. I basically rotate those two with a couple others. I am all about zipper sleepers, I hate snaps. And mittens are always falling off, so these two outfits have been the best. Another reason pajamas are our best friend is because she hates when I put shirts/onesies over her head.

She doesn't love the bath. She has cried the whole time every time except for once.

We have seen quite a few smiles, but they weren't real smiles until today. She was giving me quite a few and it was so fun to see a cute little smile on her face.





No comments: