Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bulletin Boards Baby!!!!

For those of you who don't know, my theme this year is going to be...... drum roll please.... Ocean, Beach and Pirates. I know it's three themes in one, but I couldn't settle on just one. I have a lot of crazy ideas and can't wait to put everything together. I just wish that I had the time to do that. I have been covering all of my books with contact paper and it is taking forever. I know that I willl be glad I did it when the school year is over and my books still look good. Today I went four wheeling with the parentals in Mount Pleasant and I forgot my camera, the view was beautful though and I loved every second of it. When I got home I borrowed my parents highlander so I could go to home depot and buy some tile board and insulation sheets. Emily Jones one of ther other third grade teachers bought the insulation sheets and used them to make bulletin boards. I got 2 4x4 and then a 4x6.


Here they are laying on the floor of my classroom, now what can I do with them????? I was really eager to get started even though I was dead tired tonight. My classroom is a mess and all of the supplies the school gave me are pretty much all over. I have no order to my room at the moment. I swear that the secretary gave me a stapler, but I could not find it. So I used a glue stick, which didn't work as well as the stapler, but I was just so excited. I only did one, because I would've fallen asleep and woken up glued to the insulation board... haha. It's not too bad for my first bulletin board, if I do say so myself!


I loved this paper that I got at the utah/idaho supply store. And then I used the beach boarder to go around it. It's a little bumpy, but that adds to the wave effect. Haha. I will make the other 4x4 the same and then do something different with the bigger one. One project down, 348 more to go! I got a sheet of tile board or something or other. And then home depot cut it into square of one foot by one foot to make little white boards for my students. I was so excited for these, especially since it cost me $13 for all 32!!!!!




No comments: