Saturday, July 5, 2008

classroom mania

I guess it has been a few days. Having no computer complicates things a bit though. I will soon be inheriting my family's comp, and will be loving life. I was planning on buying one, but a free one will be slendid. I also get a lap top for teaching so that is sweet too. This week I went to my school and got my keys. I wasn't prepared for what I was about to see. I guess I'll just post some pics so I don't have to explain.


As you can see, I have two white boards, which is a major plus because the other trailers I saw only had one. But, that might be the only plus! haha. I have those 2 book shelves. The front one is empty and will be where I put my classroom library, and the one behind has math books, literacy books, dictionaries, etc. So that one is pretty much full. I do have that other book shelf by my desk but it is complete with all of the teacher guiding books.... eh! I have NO cubbords, counter space or bulletin boards. I bought stuff for bulletin boards, I was so excited to put them together and after seeing my classroom I left a little dissapointed.
I went back later on in the week and met the other two new third grade teachers. I was so excited to meet them and talk to them about my millions of questions about teaching. Emily and Jen both taught 2nd grade last year along with me for out student teaching/internship. I am so excited to get to know them more and learn from them. Emily has her classroom almost finshed and she told me a few tricks and I am going to have bulletin boards!!!! I can't wait to make them.


No comments: