Monday, June 23, 2008

new job part 2

I ended up turning the job offer down at the boys home and I was hating the fact that I didn't have a job, again. When I was offered the job, I was looking on the school district sites and saw some new job openings and thought, what the heck- so I applied for some more jobs. I am so glad that I did now that I am looking back. When you apply you can just click on a link and it sends the principal your info. Then you need to go and take your cover letter and resume to them. Usually they don't call you until you do that. I was super busy at work and still deciding on the job offter so I hadn't made it out to any of the schools when Snow Springs called and set up an interview. I also interviewed at 3 schools in Provo, but all of the jobs were for grades 5 and 6. Definetly not the grades I wanted to teach. I ended up being offered all of the jobs that I applied for and then had to make the decision of what to do. I couldn't believe I got the job at Snow Springs because I didn't feel the greatest about the interview when I left. You know the feeling, you get in your car, your sitting there thinking about what you just said and then you scream or start talking to yourself out loud. -- I hope I'm not the only one who does that. haha. I am super excited to be teaching 3rd grade. The school I am at is extended day, so I will be there a little longer than normal, but what do I have to do at home.... Nada! I have been going crazy thinking about my classroom theme and buying books. I seriously have bought over 200 and still feel like I have hardly any. I can't wait to get into my classroom and start setting up. Oh by the way, I'm in a trailer!!! woo woo!

No comments: