Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trailer Trash

So as you all know, I am in the trailer or portable or I have even heard the term 'Cottage' classroom. I talked to another one of the teachers on my team today and she asked me if I had seen the trailers. I haven't seen them, and was hoping for the best. Apparently there isn't a lot of cupboards or counters. Seeing as how that is really important for teacher stuff, I am kind of freaking out. I am not sure what I am going to do, but I guess I just have to wait until I see them to decide.

I also found all of my receipts for things I have bought for my 1st year of teaching, apparently I have spent $400. Oh crap, I don't even have anything to show for it. Ok I am kidding. I have spent 100 on decorations and posters and stuff. 100 on teacher books and books with activities. And 200 on books for my classroom library. I can't believe I have already spent that much money and there is still so much more I need to buy. Plus I need to buy a computer, since my laptop died.

Today at work, I had our secretary Laura help me make labels. I know I know, How am I going to be a teacher if I can't make my own labels. Hopefully I will be able to do it next time. Soon I will have my class list and I will be able to make labes for their folders and notebooks. I printed off 300 for my classroom library. I am going to stop at walmart on my way home and get some contact paper to repair my books. Then I will put a label on all of them so the children don't steal them from me. I felt like an official teacher with 300, 'Miss Hales' labels.

No comments: