Monday, May 10, 2010

Quick Trip to Pasco

Bob and I made a quick trip last week to Washington to see Bob's family. It was a great weekend. It is always nice to get away from school and spend some time with family. We were lucky to have nice weather and spent a couple afternoons on the golf course.

Sticking with my plan for the Memorial Day 10k, I also ran while on vacation. It was so nice to be able to run in the morning and not after school. On Thursday I ran 5 miles, and on Saturday I ran a 10k. The 10k was super hard and I know I need to train a ton more.

I tried to run on Friday, but my new friend Fritz would not leave me alone. He stayed on my heels the first 1/2 mile so I decided to turn back. I figured I would either kick him in the face, or I would trip and face plant. After running Bob and I did some crafting to help Shannon out. These are the cutest things ever and I am stealing this idea. I am planning on making some of these napkin rings for all of the holidays. Maybe I'll start with the 4th of July. We used ribbon and an empty wrapping paper tube to make these.

*The night before we left Emily touched up my highlights and I turned a little more blonde than expected. But I really like it.

We spent the night playing with these kiddos. Abby and Ty are the cutest kids. This was my favorite vacation with them. The past few times I have been there, they have been shy around me, but not this time. We played around with the camera, went fishing and played princesses.

We went out to eat at Outback. Bob's ultimate favorite. We ate tons and it was sooo good.

On Friday the annual Barber Golf Tournament was held. Last year Bob won and it was quite the competition this year. Levi took the lead on the last hole this year, it was a great game.
Overall we had a wonderful trip. On our way home, my car hit the big 20! 20,000 miles that is.

We are looking forward to Hawaii for many more games of golf, rook, good food, and family fun.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Good for you for running and working on that 10K. Something I should do, but not sure I could do it. So that is awesome. By the way I like the hair, it looks way cute!

perdue family said...

1.Did you say Hawaii!? Way to throw that in the end there, almost missed it. buuuut you need to take me with you.
2. I want to make the craft with you so call me when you are thinking about doing it.
3. Your hair is so cute :)
4. Do you want to run a half marathon with me sometime toward the end of the summer? No excuses. This gives you enough warning and i want to use it for one of my long runs.

Mary said...

a... i really really love your hair!

Emily Jones said...

Way to live it up before school, work, kids, etc. I have to admit though that I'm a little jealous. Couldn't we all use a little Hawaii right now?

Leandra said...

BEST hair ever! looks like a fun trip! And hawaii? so lucky.

Mark and JanaRae said...

Emily, said the blong was terrible so I was expecting something horrible I was pleasently surprised. They look cute. I hope your family pictures turned out good yesterday.

Heather said...

Alyse, Abby is still talking about you! SHe loves you! Thanks again for entertaining them! We had so much fun with you guys. Can't WAIT for HAWAII!!! I think about it everyday!

emily said...

That pic with you and the napkin rings is BEAUTIFUL. You are so pretty.