Monday, May 24, 2010

Year 1...


Last Saturday Bob and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. I can't believe that it has already been one year, time has flown by. We have been blessed in our first year and have been able to spend a lot of time together.

We traveled to the Bahamas, Chicaco, Milwaukee, Mount Pleasant, Ogden, and Pasco.

We started traditions together.
We try to go to the temple together weekly.
We had Pizza Wednesday.

We've had numerous movie nights in our living room, dragging our mattress out for the night. Bob usually watches the whole thing, I usually fall asleep.

We began our marriage preparing for pharmacy school and 1 year later we are accepted to the school of our choice. 3 years to go.

Bob graduated from BYU.

Things I've learned in the last year of marriage:

I am the best cook. haha, not! Bob is so kind. After every meal he says, "This is the best ____ I've ever had." How lucky am I? Even after we had different types of curry 3 times in a week, he still thought I was good.

I have to buy enough body wash for Bob to have a bottle each week. He goes through it like water.

Bob and I both love to get the mail. It's always a bit of a disappointment when I realize Bob has already gotten it.

When riding in the car, I have to have a blanket, Bob likes the air conditioning on full blast.

Bob is more than willing to do anything I ask. Once I forgot I had to make dinner for a couple in our ward. I called home, and Bob immediately started on a cake to help me with my dinner preparations.

If Bob could, he would make a milkshake every night. He always makes enough for 2. And usually eats both servings.

I've gone to bed earlier this year then I ever have in my entire life. Or at least since elementary school. With Bob's work schedule, we went to bed around 8:30 or 9:00 almost every night.

If Bob beats me home from school, he will tidy up the living room and do the dishes. *How was I this lucky?

We are both extremely competitive, but Bob is just plain good. He beats me in every game. We have to take breaks, because I get upset when I repeatedly lose.

I am the luckiest girl. I have the best husband. I love you babe!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

HAPPY ONE YEAR!! So exciting. Congrats love birds.

Emily Jones said...

Wow! One year already? Congrats. You guys are awesome together!

Mark and JanaRae said...

that was such a fun post to read. it sounds like you guys have had a great year.

Andi said...

Happy one year. Also, I still don't understand how he uses that much bodywash.

Leandra said...

such a good first year! It's crazy it's even been a year. you're super cute together, hope your anniversary was fun.

Jena said...

You two are so cute. I love reading your posts---you make marriage sound so fun :)