Friday, October 8, 2010

baptism talk at the back table

Today I was giving spelling tests to a few kids at the back table. I gave them a bonus word- queen, and used the sentence: My brother living in London hopes to meet the queen. This is the conversation that followed:

Girl 1 asks, "Why is your brother in England?"

Me "He is on a mission."

Girl 2 says, "Oh my brother is on his mission in Chile and he is learning Spanish and baptizing a lot of people."

Boy 1 "Oh Mrs. Barber, I am so excited to go do Baptisms for the dead!

Boy 2 sadly says "Mrs. Barber, I'm not baptized."

Me "Oh that's ok, you don't have to be baptized."

Boy 3 turns to Boy 2 and says "Oh don't worry, that's what Baptism for the dead is for!"

Girl 1 "Mrs. Barber, are you baptized?"

Me "Go back to your seats!"

4 comments:

Mrs. Dean said...

HAhaha! That is the best line. "Oh don't worry!"

Emily Jones said...

Ha ha, welcome to the life if a teacher in UTAH! So funny.

Matt and Melissa said...

I love this story! It brings back great memories. Only in Utah would you hear a conversation like this!

Karie said...

Hahaha! That's awesome!