Thursday, August 16, 2012

Baby Shower

I hosted a baby shower for Amber a week or so after Olivia arrived. It was so fun to have a shower, and to have the baby there to love on.

My sister Andrea holding baby Olivia. I think all baby girls should have a pink blanket like this!

I spent the week before making a few crafts. I had a lot of ideas, but only a little time each night since I had to work that week. 

I have been loving the button monogrammed letters for nurseries. Hope this one ends up matching!
Not the best picture, but I made this banner.


I also spent time reorganizing my living room to fit 20+ people. I doubt there has ever been that many people in our apartment before. It was a little tight, but it was so much fun. Our ward is so fun, and I love the friendships I have made the past 3 years. 

I told my mom that I was planning on doing 3-4 desserts and she volunteered to help make some. My mom seriously is amazing. She whipped up some homemade brownies and then another treat that I can't remember the name of. (Prego Brain) She dropped them off the night before. The next day while cleaning and preparing, I only had the energy to make lemon cookies. If my mom wouldn't have helped me out, we would've only had one option.
The spread. It looks small on my table, I only put out 1/2 of what was made.
The water looked awesome at first, but then kind of gross. I froze strawberries and blueberries into ice cubes. But once they started to melt, it didn't look as cute- but it tasted great!
It was fun to start out with Amber sharing their adoption story. There were a lot of tears coming from the ward members who were hearing it for the first time. 


Then we took turns in small groups to get treats in the kitchen... haha. Seriously, next time I host, I'll need to find somewhere else to do it. I also felt like it was 1000 degrees, but I'm hoping it was only me that felt that way. 

And last but not least Amber opened up her gifts. Baby girl stuff is so cute and I was so excited for little Olivia and all of her stuff! 

(Here is a better picture of the banner, and you can see 1/4 tissue pom poms that I made.)
I love when showers are just like a girls night. We all sat around and talked and enjoyed one another's company. What a fun group! 


No comments: