Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I am so Embarrassed!!!"

Last night I went to a class to learn more about writer's workshop. There were a lot of good ideas presented and I decided to try a few today. I had my kids tell stories verbally to a friend before they wrote them down. But... before they could tell, they had to write down 3 choices. I was wondering around the classroom and saw one kid who was having a hard time. I sat down and started to have a conversation with him. We started talking about his summer to generate ideas. He moved from Shelley elementary which is also in Lehi. He was like, oh it was so sad, I loved that school so much. I told him that would be a great thing to write about. I then asked him if he liked Snow Springs and me as a teacher. Hoping he would say he kinda liked me. He sometimes acts like he hates class and me. He then turns to me and says, "Of course I like you Miss Hales, your so nice and so pretty! Oh my gosh I am so Embarrassed that I just said that." ----- Can I say that it was the cutest thing in the entire world and I loved it. These moments make you love being a teacher!

No comments: