Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2nd Grade here I come!

As you know from my last post, my school is downsizing for the next school year by 11 teachers. We were supposed to find out where we were going or NOT going on Friday which then led to Monday. At our faculty meeting yesterday my principal announced that those teachers who were being transferred had been told, and they would tell if they wanted to. It was kind of secretive. But I hadn't been talked to so I thought I was safe. I asked him if that meant I was staying, he said as far as he knew. --- Well that didn't last long!!!! Today I was informed by my principal that I am going to be transferred to Vineyard Elementary in Orem. I am going to be teaching 2nd grade. I am really excited to teach 2nd grade as that is where I did my student teaching and I loved that age group. I also learned a lot from my cooperating teacher and I am excited to do some of those things with my new class. I will be really sad to leave Snow Springs, I have LOVED it there along with my awesome team. We were all in our 1st or 2nd year of teaching and have a lot of common. But I won't miss the 25 minute commute each morning. My new school will be about 7-8 minute drive each morning from our apartment.

I am happy to say that we have our apartment. Thank you to my parents who are letting us stay in one of their four plexes in Orem! It is a 2 bedroom apartment, top floor and it is just off of 4th north. The last tenants moved out a week ago and we got the carpets cleaned today. Bob is free to move in as soon as he sells his contract! The pictures below are as follows:
Photo #1 Our living room, which has a lot of bookshelves and you can see our first 2 decorations are already on display! (Thanks Mom!)
Photo #2 is our bed that we bought on Saturday. Since the carpets weren't clean we had to put it in the kitchen.
Photo #3 is the kitchen. You can see we are already working on our food storage and have moved it over along with some of my winter clothes. (I thought I wouldn't need them anymore, but I guess I was wrong!)
Photo#4 is a picture of the outside of our apartment. We are on the top right!

No comments: