Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memory Blocks

My amazing mom helped me with my end of year project. I got a cricket for Christmas and when I was thinking of things I could do with it, I though of a memory block for my kids at the end of the year. About 2 months ago I told my Mom about the idea and asked her where I could get the wood for it. She told me where to buy it and that Bob and I could use the saw and sander to fix them up. About three weeks ago my Mom went and got all of the stuff for the blocks and spent hours cutting and sanding them for me. With the craziness and stress of our wedding, I knew I would've never done it. So my kids are lucky that I have such a great Mom! I was really impressed with how they turned out!I cut out some apples and handprints. On the fingers they wrote their favorite sports, food, friend, subject and color.
On one side I put a picture of the student taken in May!
I cricketed a little school bus and scissors, they wrote their favorite 3rd grade memories on it.
A picture from the first week of school. It was so fun to compare the pictures to see how much they had changed throughout the year.
I put a puzzle piece on the top with their name on it. And modge podged the whole thing together! The kids loved them. Hopefully the parents did too!

No comments: