Friday, May 29, 2009

What to do now?

Today was my last day of teaching 3rd grade. It was also my last day at snow springs elementary, so sad!!! I am excited though to start at my new school in the fall. I turned in my keys, cleaned out my room and said goodbye to my kids.

Yesterday Bob came to school with me for part of the day. He helped keep the kids busy while I finished report cards and put stuff in boxes. Our spare bedroom is full of school supplies. I didn't realize how many books I accumulated over the year. There are WAY too many. It was a bitter sweet day, I am going to miss my kids. I had an awesome class and some great parents to work with. Here are some pictures of Bob playing basketball with my kids. They all adored him and wanted him to be the teacher--- since he was a lot less strict with them. haha.

I might be a little sad, but I am extremely happy for the summer. I can't wait for it all to begin. I guess I won't be waiting long since Bob and I leave tomorrow afternoon to go on our cruise to the Bahamas. We can't wait, and I am ready to relax without worrying about a class of 33 kids, waiting for me at home.

No comments: