Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cooking more = more dishes!

One of my goals for this year is to cook more. We eat dinner at home most days, but only about once a week was I cooking a meal. Most days we were eating sandwiches, soups, or other just assemble meals. This week was a lot of fun, but I remembered why I didn't like to cook a a lot. We don't have a dish washer, so the dishes pile up, and they pile up fast!

Monday: I didn't have to do anything but make a salad. Bob came home from school and cooked some amazing Ribs. Mmmm they were so good. All I know is he put salt, pepper, BBQ sauce and some brown sugar on it. (I might be missing some ingredients!)
Tuesday: Lettuce wraps and Orange Chicken
For the lettuce wraps we used THIS recipe. We substituted the beef for ground turkey. I also added a cup of chopped up mushrooms to it. We eat this as our whole meal sometimes, but today I went a little crazy.

Costco sells this sauce, it's the Panda Express orange sauce. It is amazing. I used this RECIPE and this is one of our new favorite dinners.

Friday: I made my Mom's famous Sour Cream Lasagna or also known as Cheaters Lasagna. It is so so simple. This is one of the few recipes I can make from memory! Sorry no picture, we ate it too quick.

1. Brown 1 pound ground beef (drain fat)
2. Add 1 bottle spaghetti sauce, 1 tsp garlic salt and a dash of pepper
3. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, while simmering boil 1 12oz bag of twisty noodles
4. drain the noodle and add 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup cottage cheese.
5. In casserole dish, spread one-half meat mixture. Top with sour cream, noodle mixture, then rest of meat. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes. (I cover with foil and for the last 5 minutes bake without it.)

1 comment:

Mike and Laken Cannon said...

Alyse! That all looked heavenly. Bob is a lukcy man. I've been trying to cook more this year too. I so know what you mean about washing all of those crazy dishes by hand. Bummer. We'll have to trade recipes. I am always looking for something new to try. Love you!