Sunday, September 12, 2010

Over too fast

This weekend has gone too fast. I am sad that it is over because I am just starting to feel better. I have been battling a nasty cold all weekend. Thursday night I had the worst sore throat, but knew I could make it 1 more day at school. (Also didn't have the energy to put together sub plans....) Friday I woke up feeling better, but by the end of the day I was tired again and had a lot of head congestion.

My parents took ended up having 2 extra tickets to Hale Theater so they invited us. We went and saw "The Girl, the Grouch, and the Goat." It was very entertaining, but had an interesting story line. We were on the 2nd row, closer than I had ever been and at times I felt like I was in the play. haha.

Saturday Bob spent the day studying at school and I woke up feeling sick. I decided to make a few onesies since I wasn't going anywhere. (We are having a silent auction at our school in a couple weeks and I am going to make a basket with baby onesies. I made my way to my parents house to watch the BYU game. I watched the first quarter and slept through the rest.

We had regional conference so Bob has been to 6 hours and I have been to 4 in the couple days. Each time I made the trek to the church I would take my purse full of necessities.(BTW---Halls refresh Lemon with raspberry- awesome. I on accident got the MAXIMUM numbing Cepacol sore throat drops, they are the worst, your whole mouth goes numb and feels gross.)

Today I finished this onesie for my cousin Emily. It was purely trial and error, and mostly error. The name looks horrible. (I think your supposed to put another layer behind when you stitch directly??? It was a mess but I couldn't undo it, without it looking worse.) I also was going to stitch BYU on the football, but after yesterdays performance.... I'll just leave it blank.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Those ones are so cute! I don't think the name looks horrible it's looks so cute!

Jane Kaylor said...

take care... sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

i hope it works on you as well.

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Hey Alyse! I hope you are feeling better- that's the downside I guess of working with kids all the time. Looks like you guys are having fun. I hope we can see you for a bit in October! I might be calling you to get some tips on my blog. I don't know how to do the layout and stuff and yours is well, amazing, so you are basically going to have to help me =) MIss you guys.