Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Break

For Spring Break this year, I went to Mexico with my parents and sister, Ayrika. It was a very relaxing vacation. It went a little like this:

On Saturday we drove to Mesa.
Spent Sunday with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins.
Monday we drove to Mexico, played on the beach and had dinner.

Tuesday- Friday were the following schedule:
Gym
Breakfast
Pool
Lunch
Shopping/Fish Market
Read and Nap
Dinner
Read/TV

We have been going to Rocky Point almost every year since I can remember. This year was the first year where there was NO one there. Usually there are quite a few tourists there.


The condo complex that we stayed at had over 100 units. In the main building there was a gym, and each morning we would go work out. There were 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, 2 bikes, and a weight set. I am glad there weren't many people visiting that week, so I could always have a machine to work out on.


Eating lunch on a 3rd story roof top resuraunt.


They have a farmacia (pharmacy) on almost every corner. I had to take a picture of one of their advertisements for Bob.


One day after lunch we were walking around the shops and fish market. I had had a lot to drink at lunch and my bladder was about to burst. I remember seeing a sign for the restroom so I made my way towards it. I asked the man near the sign where it was and he told me it cost $1 to go. I was so mad, because I was about to die. So I ran back to my Dad and asked him for $1. Luckily he spared me some change.

One night we made our own shrimp cocktails and fish tacos. To go with them we made Brazilian lemonade. It was one of the best meals of my life. Funny side note, we went to the grocery store to get a few things for the cocktails. Instead of buying tomatoes, onions, peppers, and cilantro and chopping it all up, we just bought some pre made pico from the counter. What we didn't know is that their pico is full of jalapenos so our shrimp cocktails had a lot of heat!


The tide was super far out each afternoon. And of course there was no one on the beach all week. We had the place to ourselves.

2 comments:

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Looks so fun! I am in some serious need of a little sun. I am also very impressed you worked out while in Mexico! You are amazing.

Leandra said...

Best spring break ever. I know I'm jealous. And you worked out in Mexico- AMAZING