Saturday, April 2, 2011

No news is good news?

I haven't had much to post about, because our lives are pretty boring right now. We have been going through the motions of school and work this past month.  Here are a few things that might be worth mentioning.

1. Andrea and I started cooking for each other once a week. I cook Tuesday's, she cooks Thursday's. It is so nice to not have to worry about dinner one night a week, and she always brings a tasty meal. A few of my favorites have been:

bbq chicken pizza
lasagna
chicken taquitos
mango chicken salad
brazillian stroganoff
chicken and fish tacos
spring rolls

2. I got released last Sunday as the 2nd counselor in the RS. And then I was called to be the 1st counselor in the new presidency. Luckily I found out I will still be over music and teaching so that was a relief. (For some reason I can never remember how to spell counselor.)

3. I only missed 1 day at the gym in March. It was my own fault for not going in the morning. I knew I didn't have time in the afternoon. Blah!

4. After going 7 months of the school year without any move ins or move outs, I got a new student yesterday. She is a darling girl who my class took in with open arms. The only challenge is that she is on a 1st grade level in reading and didn't know any of the math concepts I reviewed with her.

5. Bob has passed all of his tests this month and has been studying almost all day everyday. He took some time off last weekend to go camping and hiking at Arches with the Young Mens.

6. While he was gone I went and saw Hairspray at the Hale Theater. It was an amazing production and it was fun to see some familiar faces of friends from high school. Stephanie Southerland plays Tracy and she was phenomenal. I loved every second of it.

7. There is only 1 week left until Spring Break!!!!

No comments: