Thursday, May 22, 2014

5 Year Anniversary & SLC

The Barber's are in town for Mitch's wedding this weekend so we have been going non stop. Today we left for Salt Lake after Bob won the round of golf at Hobble Creek. The boys are very competitive and we all are eager to read the play by plays that we get by text during the round.

We stopped to have lunch at the Lion House, which I had never eaten at. (I did have my birthday party there when I was 10 or so, but I don't remember eating downstairs.) It was a hard decision picking between chicken and salmon and for some reason I went with the chicken. I am so glad I did because our dinner that night turned out to be salmon. Olivia is in a wonderful stage called "I hate restaurants." So any meal is really hard right now. Bob was good to let her wander around and explore.


Before checking into our hotel rooms we walked around Temple Square. It was our 5 year anniversary so we took a few pictures. It was a very warm and bright day. A lot of our pictures were cute, but we all had squinty eyes. 



It's fun to see how far we have come in just 5 years. Olivia is 18 months and I am 17 weeks with baby #2. 



We checked into our room at the Marriott at City Creek, and Olivia attempted a nap. I ran down to the mall to see if I could find something to wear to the wedding dinner that night. When I got back an hour later Olivia was still crying. She had missed her nap earlier in the day and was over it. I took her down to the pool so that Bob could practice his comedy routine that he was performing that night for Mitch and Stacey. 

Olivia loved the pool. Since it was just me, I didn't take any pictures. The only place she could touch was the stairs and she would step off the stairs regardless of where my arms were. She loved getting her face wet. It was so much fun for the both of us. She played for 45 minutes and then finally took an hour cat nap before dinner. 

Bob and I went to Cheesecake Factory for the dinner. Shannon and Lowell took Olivia for the night which was so nice of them. That was the best part of my anniversary. It was so nice to eat a meal without worrying about or chasing Olivia. We had BBQ Salmon and cheesecake and it was all so good. It was fun to see all of Mitch's family and to catch up with those we hadn't seen for a while. Bob did a great job performing his comedy, but I didn't get any pictures since I was recording it for his family to see. Hopefully I can track some down. 

When we got back to our rooms, Bob played games and talked and Olivia and I crashed and went to bed. We both had really bad colds and needed some extra sleep. 

No comments: