Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Bob and I both woke up up at 8:30. Bob was going to go play basketball, but they ended up not going. Luckily for me, because he helped me a ton.

I made a key lime pie, and Bob prepped for the apple cranberry pie. Then we put that together. Then Bob got ready and I started preparing the vegetables. I made fresh green beans with mushrooms and shallots. Bob made cheesy cauliflower. When I pulled the apple cranberry pie out of the oven, it looked really juicy. That's when I realized that I forgot to put the flour in it. *Why didn't I reread the recipe before I started baking???? Ah!

We were down to the wire when we left at 12:10. Of course we got about 5 minutes away and I realized I left my straightener on. So we had to turn around and come back. Even though we were a few minutes late, we were actually one of the first ones there.Thanksgiving was amazing. My favorites always include my Grandma's homemade cranberry sauce and my Aunt Shauna's yams. (Basically a yam dessert that we eat as a side.) There were 10 pies total for the contest. We all waited in suspense while the judges judged the pies.Bob and I ended up taking 3rd place, with the ....... cranberry apple pie. I was so shocked. But super happy. We got a gift card to jamba juice. My aunt Brenda took 1st with an apple pie, and 2nd place went to Emily with 2nd place.

My winning pie! My Dad was so proud to finally have someone in the family win, even if it was 3rd place. Emily and Matthew with their 2nd place pie!
My cute cousin Ryan licking all of the cream off of all the Turkey Oreos.
Grandma and Grandpa writing Christmas cards to my brother and cousin who are both on missions.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Your pies look absolutely beautiful! And I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who leaves their straightener on-Marcus hates it! :) Happy Thanksgiving!