Saturday, December 14, 2013

13 Months


This month Olivia has started walking. She started taking a few steps with people helping her, but she wasn't too consistent. One day my Dad came over and I got her to walk to him, which was about 7 steps. We were so excited. But then she didn't do much after that. Then one night, right before Bob got home from work, Olivia started standing up on her own without pulling on anything. She would take a few steps on her own, fall down, and then stand back up again. Since then she has been doing really well.

It was fun to go downstairs and have Olivia walk from one end of the living room to the other. My Grandma and Grandpa Hales were so excited for her. Since living here, we try to go down to visit for a little while each day. So they were able to see how much progress she has made too. Now that she is walking, it's going to be a lot of work for me. Grandma's house is far from baby proof. She also likes to go after their dog, Bogey.

This month her favorite foods have been pancakes, clementines, Reeces Puff cereal, chicken, corn, and blueberries. When she is finished eating she throws whatever food is left on the floor.

Olivia's theme song has been "I'll I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth." She has been vampire baby for the last couple months since she skipped her two front teeth and the next two grew in. As a mother, I am happy to announce that her left top tooth made it's way in. She now has 5 teeth, and I am sure the  6th will be coming soon.

She has started being a total cry baby and when she doesn't get what she wants, she immediately starts crying. She loves to throw a fit when I stop her while she is playing to change her diaper.



She wears size 3 diapers and anything from 9- 18 months.

Olivia loves the Christmas tree. She spends part of her day standing next to it, grabbing the ornaments and strands of beads. She pulls the tags off of the presents and there are a few that she likes to pull at the paper. I know she won't totally understand Christmas, but I hope she will join in on the unwrapping.

I finished weaning Olivia right after she turned 1, and she hasn't looked back. We were both ready to be done.

Her favorite toys right now are her baby doll, play farm, kitchen, and shape sorter. (Although she doesn't know how to sort the shapes yet.) I love seeing her walk around the house with her baby doll in hand. She also tries to feed her with the baby bottles, she usually points the bottle at her neck.


She took her first big fall in the kitchen the other day and got her first bruise on her forehead. She was a little more cautious as she walked around the house after that.

She met Santa, she studied him, then she stared at me with no expression. He gave her a candy cane, which she liked but still no smiles.

Her new favorite trick is to stick her tongue out. She still likes to whistle, clap, and wave.

No comments: