Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve


We had a great Christmas Eve. Bob had the day off and we were able to spend the whole day together. We woke up and cleaned, did some last minute shopping, and then napped/relaxed. Bob got started on my $10 Amazon rocking chair for Olivia.


While he was working on that, I started working on my appetizer for the Hales Christmas party. Last week my Dad's cousin Stacy made this same appetizer and posted it on Instagram. My Dad called me after seeing it and put in a request. The tutorial we both used was from Here



Our traditional Christmas Eve meal is fried oysters, shrimp cocktails, and clam chowder. We also had another soup, salad, and rolls. For dessert Andrea made Tres Leches and Heath Bar cake.



After dinner we played a quick game. We were all divided up, and each group was given an item to draw. The trick was you had to draw it on top of your head. Bob and I along with my Mom and Aunt Brenda all had to draw a stocking hanging by the fire. I forgot the fire and only got a mantle. It made for some good laughs. 



My mom brought out our Christmas Eve presents, and Olivia dove right in. She definitely understands gift bags with tissue paper.


And then we took our annual new PJ's by the tree picture. 






No comments: