Thursday, June 12, 2014

20 Weeks

I can't believe I am halfway done with this pregnancy. I definitely feel like it is going a lot faster than my first. At my appointment with Dr. Nance, he told me like last time that the heartbeat sounded like a boys. (Which is what he told me at all of my appointments with Olivia.) But this time I believed him because all of my pregnancy symptoms have been completely different this time around. It's always funny to hear him guess, and then say that he has a 50% chance of being right.

This month I have been feeling fine, just getting bigger and bigger each day. I am still tired, but I am figuring that it's just part of being a mom and chasing a toddler around.




I went for my 20 week anatomy ultrasound and Baby Barber was being very stubborn. I was there for over an hour as the guy tried to get all of the measurements and pictures that he needed. He kept saying, "I'll come back to that" and "You have one naughty baby" over and over. At one point I swear he said "his" when referring to the baby and this was after he said he had seen the potty shot. But when he had the potty shot on the screen, I knew I was definitely looking at a girl. She pretty much always had her hands on her face and her legs crossed. I have been feeling her kick low for the past few weeks, and he confirmed that as of right now she is breech.



We are both thrilled that we will be having another girl. It will be so much fun for Olivia to have a sister close in age. And it will be great for our bank account since we have a bunch of clothes in the right sizes for the coming seasons. In both my family and Bob's, the first two kids are girls and then the boys come next. So maybe we are just following the pattern of both of our families.

No comments: