Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July

We all slept in on the 4th, it was so nice to wake up later than normal. After breakfast we cleaned our house. Then we went to Zubs and picked up some sandwiches to take to the park. We went to the park by the White Church and there was one other family there. It was so crazy to be at the park on a holiday and for it to be empty. It was really hot, so we didn't play on the playground. I didn't want to disappoint Olivia, and she didn't mind running around the grass. We all came home and took a long nap. {Bob finds out what we really do while he is working on his days off.}

We also went downstairs to visit Grandma, Grandpa, and BoBo. While we were visiting, we saw the goat and llama wondering around in the backyard. Somehow the gate got left open and they got out of the pasture. Unfortunately they went straight to the garden and were grazing away at my Grandpa's hard work. We got them out of the garden and back into the pasture. It was quite the excitement.

That evening we went to my parents house for dinner. My Mom tried out a new recipe and we had BBQ chicken that had a curry marinade. We also had grilled pineapple, coconut rice, and broccoli. It was all so good. Olivia loved the rice and pineapple. Dan had just got home from Costa Rica the night before so it was fun to have him and his date Tessa there for dinner. We had berries and Mom's hot fudge served over pound cake for dessert. We had to run right after dessert to take Olivia to the babysitters we could make it to the Stadium of Fire in time.

We picked Kelsey up from her sister's here in Mapleton and drove over to BYU. Bob parked by Brick Oven and we started walking across campus. We walked and walked and walked. I am pretty sure we walked for almost 45 minutes before we made it to the stadium. I'll just put it out there, but I complained a lot of the way. We passed a bajillion open parking spots as we walked. It was super hot, my sandals weren't the best walking shoes and my feet hurt, and my pregnancy hormones got the best of me. (I can blame it on that right?)

When we got to the stadium Kelsey went to meet up with her family and we went to get a drink and go to the bathroom. The lines for the bathroom was out of control. I told myself I couldn't have a drink if I couldn't go to the bathroom, so I grumpily went up to our seats. I seriously sat down and started crying. I had a pity party for myself at the stadium. Once I got my emotions under control I went back down and the lines had cleared out. I got some water, and a BYU brownie to make up for the fact that I had had a bad start to the night. ha ha. Seriously so embarrassing and dumb, but sometimes a girls gotta cry.

The concert was great and the fireworks were beautiful. I enjoy going to the Stadium of Fire, but it is definitely something we do once every 5 years or so.

On the way home we walked a different route and it only took us a half hour that time. The blisters on my feet were glad it was a bit shorter than the way there.

1 comment:

Leandra said...

this reminds me so much of the 4th of July I had in Provo when I was pregnant with Sophie. we had to walk a bajillion miles to get to the parade and it was so hot and I cried and cried haha so I feel your pain and definitely it's the pregnancy hormones :)