Thursday, July 24, 2014

24th of July

Today was a great day for our little family. It makes me so happy that I get to do things with my family that I did growing up. I can only hope that Olivia and our future kids love it as much as I do.

We woke up early to get ready. Bob had to be at the pharmacy at 7:45 to meet the rest of the employees   for the parade. And Olivia and I were meeting my family at the park for breakfast at the same time. My Dad and Dan met us there (Mom had to work) and we had a pancake breakfast. Dan won uncle of the year and took Olivia on the swings and down the slides.

After breakfast we found our seats and hung out with Ren and Brenda's family and Grandma and Grandpa Hales until the parade started. My Aunt Shauna and her kids showed up right before the parade started. I love sitting with my family in front of the white church each year!  Olivia hadn't seen Ren's kids since Lake Powell, and wasn't too sure of Jaxon and Nathaniel. But she definitely warmed up to Dillon and they were best friends the entire parade. He did a great job of grabbing candy thrown from the parade and sharing it with Olivia and I.


Olivia was excited to see Bob in the parade. All of the family was cheering for "Bob" and as he walked away Olivia called out "Bob!" It was so cute. She also got excited when she saw the horses. Her favorite part of the parade was the flower she was given and she didn't want to let it go. My favorite part of the parade was the fact that it was overcast and it sprinkled a little bit on us. It was the best parade weather.




We met Bob at the park after the parade and got Olivia some tickets. It was fun to take her to each of the booths although we probably did more of the work than she did. She did the duck pond, fishing, bean bag toss, bowling ball roll, plinko, and face painting. She wanted the giraffe, which was too long for her face so she got it on her arm.


After using up all of our tickets we decided to go get lunch and head home. We were on our way to Zubs to get some sandwiches when I looked back and Olivia was zonked. Waking up early and having a lot of fun does that to you. The only problem was that 20 minute catnap ended up being her only nap of the day. We tried putting her down twice later that afternoon and both times she got her leg stuck between the slats of the crib. 20 months later I am off to the store to get some bumpers to protect my baby. Ha!


We ended our day with a BBQ at my parents house with my Mom's side of the family. We had delicious food and a fun time. And that is where the 24th ended for us. We came home and were way too tired to go watch fireworks, although we definitely could hear them from our window. Maybe next year we will make it out.

And for a little comparison: July 24th, 2013 and July 24th, 2014



No comments: