Thursday, January 8, 2009

Laser Face--- How can I be Positive?

I went to the doctor yesterday and I was going to tell him I wanted to tone down the laser and do 300. That is what I had signed up for, a LIGHT laser treatment, but when I went the first time they lasered me at 500.

When I got there he said we would need to do my cheeks at 700 if we were going to get all of the scars. I thought, well I am already going through all the pain, I might as well get rid of everything cause it will hurt either way. Needless to say this is what I look like:

As soon as the procedure was over he showed me my face with a mirror and I started bawling. Last time my face didn't look this bad, and this time I could see the lines on my cheeks from the laser. I am in a lot of pain, but I do have numbing cream, so that does help. It will get a lot worse before it gets better, so I am going to stay home tomorrow and rest!

My kids have been funny today. Some have been nice, some have just been blunt.

Michael: WOAH!!! Teacher did you get your face lasered again?
Me-Yes
Michael- WHY?

Michael- When are you going to do it again?
Me- In February, only one more time.
Michael-OH THANKGOODNESS!
His final comment: Your face looks as brown as a rasin

Payton- What happened?
Me- To what?
Payton- Your face.
Me-I got lasered.
Payton-Again? Why is your face brown?

I took my class to computers and the computer teacher met us in the hall, Ashley yelled to her, "Miss Hales got laser face again!"

I can only laugh. And keep away from all mirrors. I really can't believe I am posting this picture. But-- It's a memory, and soon, hopefully I will have a nice face.

Have a great day!

No comments: