Saturday, April 11, 2009

{Conference Weekend}

This last weekend was a fast paced, going all day, fall in bed at 10 PM kind of weekend. We were so happy to be able to spend time with Bob's family who came for to Utah for Conference. On Thursday night Bob and I went to Red Lobster with both sets of parents for a little, Pre- Wedding meeting. It was fun to see everyone together, and just talk and laugh.

Friday we went up to Bountiful to Bob's mission reunion. I was able to meet a few of his friends from the mission and even see a couple of friends that I went to high school with. (Brianne and Dustin Creer)
After we went to the Salt Lake Institute to see Bob's parents and brother Brad at their mission reunion. We picked Brad up and went back to their hotel, where we attempted to go swimming. It was snowing lightly and the pool just happened to be outside. So we got in the hot tub for a few minutes and then decided to go home. We had a long day ahead of us.

We left Orem the next morning at 7, so we could be in Salt Lake at 8 for breakfast. We ate and then went downtown to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. We met up with Kelsey, David's wife. We watched the Jospeh Smith movie and then in the theater watched conference. I didn't even know that that was an option, but I am glad I had the experience. It was really neat. We ate lunch and said good bye to Kelsey.We made our way over to the conference center for the afternoon session, which was just as amazing as the first session. I can't wait for the Ensign to come out so I can read the talks over again.

Shannon and I spent the afternoon shopping while the boys went to priesthood. It was a fun afternoon of looking at different home decor items and wishing I knew how or what I needed to decorate our future home. We also found Bob some new clothes for our cruise.

We met back up with the boys at 8 and enjoyed dinner and a beautiful view while eating at the Roof. We also took a quick look at the room where we will be having out wedding luncheon, and I can't wait!!!! I am so excited! We were very lucky to be able to spend so much time with Bob's family. They spoiled us, and we are truly grateful for the time we had with them.Sorry, my camera would not cooperate. One picture is with the flash, the other is without. I love how beautiful the Salt Lake Temple is, and can't wait to be married there in a short while!

No comments: