Monday, August 3, 2009

proud internet owners- classroom update

We are happy to have internet in our apartment again! And this time it is officially ours! What a crazy month we have had! I can't believe it is already August and school starts in 3 weeks! Some of my classroom is still in our 2nd bedroom. (GASP!!!) During this past month I have spent a lot of time at school, I wish it was working on my classroom but mostly at meetings. I had 6 days with my 2nd grade team and 6 with the 3rd grade team. In between those days I have tried to get my classroom put together!

My Mom gave me a cricut for Christmas this year. I used it for a few small projects, but until now it hadn't been used much. The past couple of weeks I have been using it a ton! One of the cartridges I have is for paper dolls, and it has 2 pirates in it. I decided on a pirate theme and went cricut crazy. Apparently the teacher who was in my classroom last year loved it too and was always using the schools. Her walls were covered with things she made and they nicknamed her the cricut slut. -- haha. Here is what I have so far!

4 comments:

Emily Jones said...

Very impressive. It's looking awesome so far. Although I'm a little concerned about those seashells on your mermaids. Are you sure that's appropriate? Just kidding. It looks great!

Kerri Jex said...

Your classroom is looking so cute! I love the cricut. It's fun, but definitely takes some patience! Good luck getting the rest of your classroom together. I want to see pictures when it's all done :)

Mark and JanaRae said...

Your classroom looks so cute. Your students are so lucky to have you as a teacher!

Heather said...

Alyse, your classroom is adorable! I bet you are such an awesome teacher!