Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Molecule

Warning: Not for the squimish.

Today I met my Dad and sister Andrea at my Dad's office. We took pizza up to our family who were boating and having my cousins birthday party at deer creek. The party ended around noon and my uncle was having his young men come up at 4 for their activity. So we came right in the middle to take advantage of the boat in the water.

When we arrived our new tube named the Molecule was attatched and Andrea and I jumped on for a ride. When we were laying down, we had to hold on... but we stayed on the tube for the most part. We decided to be a little bit more daring, and we sat on our knees and held onto the the front 2 balls. We were on the tube for no more than a minute before Andrea flew off and I was flipped. It was a lot of fun.

We put the tube away and Andrea started in the water wakeboarding. The water was pretty choppy, but she did a great job. After 4 or 5 runs she asked if I was ready. I told her I would after one more turn. That last turn, turned into a huge face plant for Andrea and her board came back and hit her in the head. She didn't realize it at first, she was just trying to catch her breath from the face plant. When she got on the boat, she told me I needed to check the back of her head because she thought she had cracked her skull or something. She separated her hair and I could barely look. She had a huge gash on the back of her head.

We were lucky that my uncle and family were there to take the boat from us. We hopped in the car and drove to the clinic in Spanish Fork. They were awesome working quickly to help us. She got some stitches on the inner layer since it was deep and then some staples to close it all up.

This was when we first got there, her head wound hardly bled at all, she was very lucky. Dad and I waiting for the doctor to show up. I look like a mess, but I'll blame it on tubing and being wind blown.
This is right before they started stitching her up. This sad face was for the camera.
I don't know if she is related to me, because she hardly cried. She had a few tears, but I know I would've been sobbing the whole time. I am so glad that it wasn't anything worse.

It looked so much better after she was stitched and stapled.

2 comments:

Becca and Derek said...

Poor sister! Glad she's okay! Thank goodness for modern medicine! xoxo

Anderson Family said...

Yuck that does not look like fun. I probably would have cried to way to be strong AJ!