Saturday, August 7, 2010

Salmon Supper

Last night we celebrated my Grandpa's birthday by going to the Salmon Supper in Payson. This was my first time, along with Bob and Andrea. I had no idea what to expect, except I knew that we would be eating salmon.

There were tons of people in the park, my dad guessed at least 2,000. We didn't have to wait very long in line. I was surprised when the man put my roll on top of my coleslaw. He said, "You're going to need all the room you can get."

When we arrived at the salmon I saw the lady cutting a nice size piece in half, and then putting the small piece on a HUGE piece of salmon. This was my dinner....

Grandpa was very impressed with his portions and was glad he didn't tell them it was his birthday, because he wouldn't have been able to eat anymore.

Bob ate all of his salmon quickly. All of us girls took some home as leftovers. (We had a small problem finding a seat and then my grandparents both came down the same isle, so I had to crawl under the table to the other side to make room. That is the reason Bob and I are on opposite sides of the table. haha.)
Andrea and I enjoying our dinner. During dinner she told me she felt like she was 80 eating this dinner. We were surrounded by lots of old people.

I asked her how she did her hair with her staples and she said she just let it air dry, and then straightened around it. Her boyfriend counted and she actually has 7 staples.
After dinner we went to the park in Mapleton. My favorite park with the white gazebo across from the white church. We gathered with family to sing happy birthday and eat cake. - Sorry no pictures.

What a fun night. We hope to make the salmon supper a tradition every year.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Looks like fun though wish I could have been thereto celibate Grandpa's birthday!

Anderson Family said...

You will have to let me know if your leftover salmon taste. I have never really like leftover Salmon. I love leftovers but not fish it seems to taste to fishy the next day.

James and Jenny said...

I am bummed we didn't get to see you! We are there every year. It is too good too pass up! Maybe next year! :)