Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lazy Day

Today I woke up at 10. Well I woke up at 6,7, and 8 before getting out of bed at 10. Then I spent my time eating breakfast, checking the news, reading a few blogs, cleaning the living room, and talking to my cousin on the phone. Then at 12, I decided to go the gym.

I got my gym clothes on and went to the library to get a few books to read. (I am way more motivated to workout if I have a book to read. I read on the elliptical and the time goes by quickly.)

Hit the gym at 12:30. Today was my first day back to the gym since surgery. And I didn't go the week before because I was at Lake Powell. So 3 weeks of no gym or exercise really makes a difference. I was dead, I lost a lot of endurance and strength. I did the elliptical for 30 minutes on one of the lowest settings and it was really hard. My belly button incision was looking and feeling it's best today. So I am hoping it will only get better and I can start trying a little harder.

I went to the grocery store at 1:15 and picked up some food for dinner. I made a salad to finish up the rest of my mangos. **That will be in another post. What I did with 20 mangos in the last 2 weeks.

I came home around 2, scarfed down some lunch and did the dishes, there were lots. And then I cut up some produce and prepared some food for dinner.

At about 5, I finally got in the shower. It felt good.

I quickly grilled some chicken and potatoes, delivered them to Andrea and now I am just waiting for Bob to come home.

Bob started up his MBA classes again today for the next 6 weeks. He has a super hard teacher that he had earlier in the year so he is staying until the school closes at 7 to study.

Maybe I should plan something fun and exciting for tomorrow.


Becca and Derek said...

That is crazy! Good for you to push through the work out! I am impressed! Also, the school closes at 7? I have never heard of that before!

Mark and JanaRae said...

I just want to eat all 20 mangos! YUMMY. Way to go to the gym. I am excited about the reunion.

Kelsey & David Barber said...

That is a great day Alyse! Glad you are feeling better!