Wednesday, July 6, 2011

utah lake

This afternoon we spent on Utah Lake. Bob wasn't able to make it. (It seems like that happens a lot in my life right now.) First of all the water is SOOOO high at the lake, higher than I have ever seen. The sun was shining, and there were only a few scattered clouds. It was a perfect day.

The dilemma was, should I get in the water or not? I had planned on just being in the boat soaking up the rays. I watched Brent and Andrea board. When Ayrika said she didn't want to go, I couldn't pass up the chance. I wish I would've prepared and at least bandaged up my belly button... but no. The water was a perfect temperature and for the afternoon, there were hardly any waves. It felt good to board again even if I was pretty weak.

We had a great time, until the boat decided to have a small fit. Luckily we all had had plenty of time to board. Ayrika missed out on her tubing, but she had her chance to board earlier.

I am so lucky to have a Dad who will spend his afternoon taking us out on the Lake. We all had a great time.

Oh and I need a new swimming suit but I can't find one that I like anywhere, or that fits normally. I have been a consistent medium since high school, but now I am somewhere in between a medium and a small and that doesn't really work out.

*All of these pictures are from my phone, sorry about the quality.

1 comment:

Emily Jones said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish we had a boat. I'm glad your healing well. Good luck with everything!