Wednesday, November 12, 2008

2 Pink Slips and 2 Lost Teeth

Today was definitely an adventure/roller coaster! I started the day giving a student a pink slip because yesterday during rotations she drew all over the desk she was sitting in. She tried to play dumb when I asked her about it this morning. It's just something I do-- ya, right. haha. So we cleaned desks today and I told the class anyone who does it next will get a pink slip.

Then during cursive I had two kids pull out loose teeth. So they got bagged up to go home. Theses are the first teeth to come out in my classroom experience, haha. A lot of kids have lost the basic 4, but some are still waiting. It's crazy how different all the kids are in my class.

For writing we are working on Friendly letters. Friendly being the key word!!!! We wrote some letters to a couple of the 3rd grade teachers that we go to for Rotations. I let my students write letters to their friends or family members after they complete the assignment. One of my students proceeded to write a hate letter to another student in the class. Not only that, but the student drew a picture of the child shooting the other child. I had to have a little talk with the child and then wrote my 2nd pink slip for the day. WOW! What can I say, it's been a long day.

I ordered my November book orders today and I am excited for what will be coming next week. Books are seriously the best. Sorry Mary, you snooze you loose! I am obsessed. I have been reading the 1st book of the Chronicals of Narnia. I have only read the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. So I am exctied to read them all.

No comments: