Sunday, November 30, 2008

5K, Pies, Comedy, and Spoon Me

Thanksgiving started out with a 5K run with the cousins! The parentals and Aunt Carrie walked the 5k before the tots began the run. Let's be honest, I am not in shape and was not prepared for this. But I am happy to say that I finished!!! My brother took 1st place!



For the Hales family Thanksgiving, we hold an annual pie baking contest. Last time we all made our own pies and put them in the contest and they were all horrible. This year we got an amazing pie crust recipe and a pumpkin chiffon recipe from Oprah. Thank you Oprah. It is an awesome recipe and we should've won. Needless to say we didn't win but our pie was an improvement from last year. Pic 1 is of me with my 2nd pie crust that I made, that is the reason I am holding up the 2. My first one didn't look so great. Then pic 2 is us with the tots! Andrea, Dan and I. And our beautiful pie... (when we made the the whipped cream, we forgot to put the sugar in it, so that maybe why we lost... Ooops!)
On Saturday night the Hales clan got together and we went to Comedy Sportz together. Before we went to Zuppas with the parents and Ayrika. All of the aunts and uncles and Grandma and Grandpa went to Comedy Sportz. Grandpa couldn't hear, so he didn't like it that much, but Grandma was loving it so much.
Matthew, Emily, me and Bob at Spoon Me!
After Comedy Sportz we went to Spoon Me which is now one of my favorite frozen yogurt places to go. Bob and I on accident went Friday and Saturday night. Grandpa got the green tea flavor that isn't that great, but he loved it. I love hanging out with the family.

No comments: