Monday, January 31, 2011

How to:

We are finishing up our How To unit at school. It's a lot of fun, I get to read a lot of funny things. We are using a 4 step method sheet right now and the kids have been eating up this writing project. It always makes me feel good when they are really excited to write.

For an example I did this on the board for the kids. I have been making a spinach smoothie every morning for breakfast in my attempts to eat more veggies. And in my case it's drinking them. I told my kids about it one day and they all groaned at how gross they thought I was. (I guess we groan back and forth at each other.... haha.) 

How Mrs. Barber makes her spinach smoothie:




No, one of my 3rd graders did not draw these pictures. Yes this might be my best art work, but it's all I've got. I have a kid who could out draw me 20 times. He basically is amazing.

**And step 4 is crucial. If you don't rinse your mouth out after, you will have little berry seeds and sometimes spinach stuck between your teeth. 

2 comments:

Alisha Frost said...

Do you like your spinach smoothies? Patrick and I have been trying to eat more veggies. We've had a lot of spinach salads and we were trying to figure out other ways to each spinach without cooking it...

Nicole said...

Get a Vitamix - no seeds!